So who else here is excited for the Game?

General Discussions about Civitatem
Watershine
Early Adopter
Early Adopter

So who else here is excited for the Game?

Postby Watershine » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:12 am

Let's see if I / We can breathe some life into this Forum!

So, who else is excited for the Game? How did you find it? What are your hopes what the Game will be like? What other Games have you played that made you take an Interest in Civitatem?

How i found this game

I simply browsed the List of "Released Soon" Games, and there i saw Civitatem. And as anything that looks medieval / city-builder / simulation just lures me in like a light attracts the moth, i simply had no choice but to get this game a chance. I blame my genes!

What are my hopes:

A nice Medieval City-Builder with alot of replaying value that one day will be mentioned in one breath with games like Banished. A game that, even after its full release, will be continued to be developed and updated and increased with DLC and Expansions. A strong Modding Community which add a nice Twist to the game. A city-builder that makes me connect with it's people and so much more...

What other Games have you played that made you take an Interest in Civitatem:

The Settlers, Anno (only the medieval titles), Banished, RimWorld. I'm a big medieval fan, but besides Banished and Anno, there's no real Medieval City-Builder out there. While Anno is more a Strategy Game then a City Builder and Banished has a bigger Focus on simply surviving while you don't form bonds with your people really as they give birth and die like flies. I was wondering why no one has made a proper medieval City Builder so far. A little like Cities:Skylines, just Medieval-Style. So i'm really having my hopes up for this one!

I'm checking my E-Mails daily, hoping to find that Announcement that Civitatem is finally going into the Test-Phase!!!
Mufasa
Lt.Cmdr
Lt.Cmdr

Re: So who else here is excited for the Game?

Postby Mufasa » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:03 pm

I found the game, by following LW Games:P

My hope is that the game its gona be a challenging medieval city builder with some simulation features, which it looks like it so far, but i will see when i play it, and from upcoming videos and what not.

I love city builders, played like you, Anno, Banished, Rimworld, and cant wait to see how this one goes.
arenkinen
Early Adopter
Early Adopter

Postby arenkinen » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:14 pm

I don't remember where i found the game. I love city builders and swim in some gamer's webs.

My hope is that this game completes or creates a new path in the management games of medieval cities. We are in a very good time for management and there are several games that prove it. Medievals Banished, life is feudal: forest village, anno, sugar mill (colonial era) and in general rimword, planet base, space colony, etc. A part this game reminds me a little prision architec, which I consider a gem of the management. So if the idea goes around there can create a special way to play.

Games: Rimword, forest villager, banished, prision architec, anno, stonehearth, timber and stone (alpha but not finished, the dev abandon it), sugar mill.
emperor

Postby emperor » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:05 pm

well my hope is that its gona turn into a rimworld with a medieval setting and its own cool identity/features.
Angeleyes
Early Adopter
Early Adopter

Postby Angeleyes » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:55 pm

I like anything and everything medieval so yeah. When I found there was a way to back this project I did it without thinking twice and had my card out in under 30 seconds, literally. It's very unlike me, I usually do complete "background checks" of developer(s) history and reputation before I ever buy anything.

I admit it was against my better judgement to rush into it but I couldn't resist the theme. That's not expressing doubt in George as I really don't know anything about him expect his previous project. Which didn't seem to be a hit at the box office exactly. As such, even if a shot in the dark for me I am indifferent to LW games at this point and only time will tell.

All I want is the game to be finished when it's finished and not rushed. What I don't want is a retail tag slapped on it when it's still bare bones just so the next project can be started.

With that, I am "cautiously optimistic". Again only time will tell.
LW Games
Site Admin

Postby LW Games » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:25 am

Angeleyes wrote:I like anything and everything medieval so yeah. When I found there was a way to back this project I did it without thinking twice and had my card out in under 30 seconds, literally. It's very unlike me, I usually do complete "background checks" of developer(s) history and reputation before I ever buy anything.

I admit it was against my better judgement to rush into it but I couldn't resist the theme. That's not expressing doubt in George as I really don't know anything about him expect his previous project. Which didn't seem to be a hit at the box office exactly. As such, even if a shot in the dark for me I am indifferent to LW games at this point and only time will tell.

All I want is the game to be finished when it's finished and not rushed. What I don't want is a retail tag slapped on it when it's still bare bones just so the next project can be started.

With that, I am "cautiously optimistic". Again only time will tell.

Nice assessment and i hope i will meet your expectations. Unfortunately the previous project, was my first project solo, so i rushed it and it lacked of polish and content. Thats why i started this from Pre-Alpha, and Alpha in Early Access, to get as much feedback as possible, and even then, when i release a version i plan to keep it as polished as possible. Time will tell how well i will succeed that.

Even if the project fails somehow, i will bring it to a finished state and the move on to next one if needed, tho if all goes decent, i plan to release extra content free and payed.
Angeleyes
Early Adopter
Early Adopter

Postby Angeleyes » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:53 am

No pressure my friend : ). Just do your best.

Return to “General Discussion”