What other games do you play?

Talk about whatever you like that isn't related to LW Games and Centauri Sector.
emperor

Re: What other games do you play?

Postby emperor » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:06 pm

arenkinen wrote:Heroes and Disciples are two amazing sagas. I recomend both, they are similar but heroes a lot of units, Disciples less units but you can upgrade it with experience.

oh man i loved Disciples II + addon! Loved the art and the gameplay. Gona replay it! Thanks:D
arenkinen
Early Adopter
Early Adopter

Postby arenkinen » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:50 pm

emperor wrote:
arenkinen wrote:Heroes and Disciples are two amazing sagas. I recomend both, they are similar but heroes a lot of units, Disciples less units but you can upgrade it with experience.

oh man i loved Disciples II + addon! Loved the art and the gameplay. Gona replay it! Thanks:D

One special thing it's that you can play many times. Each game goes diferent and the characters can upgrade diferent (build the diferents building for progres diferent way) i loved it to.
culto

Postby culto » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:50 pm

Oh yeah, i played Disciples I, awesome game.

Lately i've been playing XCOM EW with some misc mods. Fun! If you love turn based tactics+strategy base/map.
arenkinen
Early Adopter
Early Adopter

Postby arenkinen » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:33 pm

XCOM another impresive Saga. I have XCOM 2 in the freedge waiting to have time to ruin my social live.

XCOM Enemy unkwon was a masterpiece. Terror of the deep was an imposible game. An alien in one closet in a big cruiser was imposible to found and huge waste of time an nerves.

I bought CIV 6 in last humble month pack. Civilization (saga), colonization (MS2 version), alpha centauri have a special place in my top ten games.
LW Games
Site Admin

Postby LW Games » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:40 pm

arenkinen wrote:XCOM another impresive Saga. I have XCOM 2 in the freedge waiting to have time to ruin my social live.

XCOM Enemy unkwon was a masterpiece. Terror of the deep was an imposible game. An alien in one closet in a big cruiser was imposible to found and huge waste of time an nerves.

I bought CIV 6 in last humble month pack. Civilization (saga), colonization (MS2 version), alpha centauri have a special place in my top ten games.

Good taste in games you guys have :) XCOM 1 is one of my all time favorites. I probably play it every few years or so (now open xcom). So are Disciples II and Heroes 3. Alpha Centauri is a classic, CIV 6 didnt like it, the rest i did, even CIV V with all the expansions, was fun for me.

I recommend these games from other fellow indies:

Distant Worlds (unique 4x game, like you never saw, once you pass the graphics and hard to learn at first - check youtube)
Battle Brothers - excellent turn based tactic in a medieval fantasy era
Darkest Dungeon - fun turn based slide dungeon crawler
arenkinen
Early Adopter
Early Adopter

Postby arenkinen » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:30 pm

Distant Worlds have any similitude with Master of Orion?
Battle brothers may be an interesting opion. It's like heores but with castle, isn't?
Darkest Dungeon, i want to try it but some people said it's a difficult one. First dungeons easy or accessible, later turn imposible.

I started to play with a spectrum 16Kb and nintendo master system (i'm older one :mrgreen: ). So the decade of eighty it was amazing for me.

I didn't find the same type of games nowadays in the big enterprises. So the little dev have the possibility of recreate this again. It's not necessary great graphic, but it's obligatory deep histories and intense sensations.

For this reason i recomme, don't starve and oxigene not included, craft the world, the pit, Faster Than Light, ...
LW Games
Site Admin

Postby LW Games » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:20 am

arenkinen wrote:Distant Worlds have any similitude with Master of Orion?
Battle brothers may be an interesting opion. It's like heores but with castle, isn't?
Darkest Dungeon, i want to try it but some people said it's a difficult one. First dungeons easy or accessible, later turn imposible.

I started to play with a spectrum 16Kb and nintendo master system (i'm older one :mrgreen: ). So the decade of eighty it was amazing for me.

I didn't find the same type of games nowadays in the big enterprises. So the little dev have the possibility of recreate this again. It's not necessary great graphic, but it's obligatory deep histories and intense sensations.

For this reason i recomme, don't starve and oxigene not included, craft the world, the pit, Faster Than Light, ...

One moth later reply:))) Didnt check this part of the forum, sorry.

Distant Worlds has a few similar features with Master of Orion, but it goes on its own path, making a unique game. Its real-time.
Battle Brothers, its a tactical strategy with rpg elements. You go in the world do quests, visit towns, trade, hire new people, buy equipment.
i started with a spectrum too, spectrum 48k :) awesome machine and games and yes at some point i might make some similar small games, who knows.

don't starve and oxigene not included are fun as well, so is FTL:P
arenkinen
Early Adopter
Early Adopter

Postby arenkinen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:52 pm

I will check both, they are a type of games i like. to the fridge, nowaday no free time to new games (it's not necessary say it can be excepcions hihi).

From spectrum era, i remember with pasion matchday II, jet pac (this one need a revision with diferents ships, not allways the same), pyjamarama (please this saga need to continue), army moves, combat school...

Definetly i'm a mad for games. Not a guru but one of my great hobbies. The book ready player one, it's mandatory for our ages
LW Games
Site Admin

Postby LW Games » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:03 pm

arenkinen wrote:I will check both, they are a type of games i like. to the fridge, nowaday no free time to new games (it's not necessary say it can be excepcions hihi).

From spectrum era, i remember with pasion matchday II, jet pac (this one need a revision with diferents ships, not allways the same), pyjamarama (please this saga need to continue), army moves, combat school...

Definetly i'm a mad for games. Not a guru but one of my great hobbies. The book ready player one, it's mandatory for our ages

Nether Earth, Laser Squad, Indians Jones, Saboteur, Matchday, the one with the police cars from Activision. Good stuff:)
arenkinen
Early Adopter
Early Adopter

Postby arenkinen » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:16 pm

LW Games wrote:
arenkinen wrote:I will check both, they are a type of games i like. to the fridge, nowaday no free time to new games (it's not necessary say it can be excepcions hihi).

Nether Earth, Laser Squad, Indians Jones, Saboteur, Matchday, the one with the police cars from Activision. Good stuff:)

Batman, head over hells, (Paris Dakar, Freddy Hardest, Game Over, all from Dinamic Spanish company), Nigel Mansell, contra, commando, R-type, hours and hours of fun, golden age for games. We didn't need espectacular graphisc, only an interesting history, controlated dificulty, lot of free time (now it's imposible the cuality time with kids, made it imposible XDXD) and 10 or 15 real charge minutes to change the game :mrgreen: .

Return to “General Chat”